Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who in the world is Rusty?

Some of our close friends have heard us refer to our baby as "Rusty" and have asked why we are using that name to refer to our baby.  The answer is both simple and ridiculous.

A number of couples that we are close to that recently had children all used nicknames for the baby before they were born.  For some of them it was a way of being cute or intimate or in some cases it just happened out of humor.  Both Erin and I liked this idea and decided that we would have to come up with a nickname for the baby until he/she was born.  So why Rusty?  Well that's where the story gets funny.

Erin and I had decided we would start a list of baby names that we can both add to but neither of us would have the right to remove or criticize a name until later on when we got serious about discussing a name.  So when telling a friend of mine from work, Matt, he suggested that I add the name Rusty as a joke to get Erin going.  So I agreed that it would be funny and added the name to the list, and when questioned by Erin over whether I was serious or not I tried my best to convince her that I felt it was a good choice.  Needless to say after a few minutes the jig was up and she saw through my ruse, but the name had to stay on the list.  So after about a week of joking around about using Rusty as the name it kinda stuck as our nickname.

So if you see or hear us talking about Rusty now you know why, and no the babies name will not be Rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment