Monday, January 24, 2011

Hopes: Never be satisfied with "Because"

I hope that my child will never be satisfied with accepting "Because" as an answer.  While I know as a parent this may come back to bite me in the future I hope that my child will always want to know they why and how of things and never accept something just cause they are told to. 

I hope that my child has such a thirst for knowledge that when presented with a problem or just something that catches his/her curiosity that s/he will go to the lengths necessary to solve the problem or understand the concept and not simply stop when the road to knowledge becomes difficult.

A child that is asking "Why?" is not doing to be rude or annoying, they are telling us that they want to know more and learn and we should do our best to fill them up with knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment